Pages

Keira Knightley Has Best Smoky Eyes

 If we were to give out an award for the best smoky eye of all time, we know hands down who we'd crown the victor. Last night, Keira Knightley stole our beauty-obsessed hearts with a hazy, midnight blue smoky eye that can only be described as intoxicating. 
 
 Her big brown eyes were nothing short of gorgeous at last night's premiere of Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit. A rich blend of starry blue and navy covered her lids and expanded almost to her brow in feathered perfection. The combination of dark royal blue and soft shimmering sapphire created depth and dimension in a truly stunning way, while dark black mascara and liner gave a sultry effect. Soft blending at the edges and under the lid helped to solidify the gloriousness of the smoky eye.
 
 Oh, Keira Knightley.  What can I say about Keira?  I admit that I relate to her brown hair, brown eyes, medium-toned skin and boyish figure, but her red carpet makeup for the past couple years has been out of this world and I’d kill to relate to that.  Her main go-to when it comes to makeup for big appearances is a smokey eye, which happens to be my favorite as well.  What makes her smokey eye looks so special is the beautiful blending of different shades of deep brown and gunmetal shadows, along with pearly shimmer on her inner and outer corner eyelids.  Top it off with some black eyeliner on the inner rims, and then just sit there for two hours applying fifty million coats of mascara.
 
 Add a little flush to the cheeks and a light shade of whatever to the lips, and you’ve got something pretty close to perfection.  I just love how her warm, chestnut hair color complements the dramatic eyes, too.  I know she typically uses Kate Lee for her makeup, and lately I’ve been seeing a lot of Bobbi Brown references when searching for the products used on her.  It’s never a surprise to hear about Chanel products being used on her too, considering Keira’s been the long-time face of Chanel Mademoiselle.  Below is the exact makeup look I used as a reference for my wedding day.  It’s from one of Knightley’s premieres for her 2010 film Never Let Me Go.
  The focus is obviously on the lashes here, and the shadow isn’t quite as dark.  There’s more of a mauve, metallic feel to it as opposed to sooty.  My own wedding makeup ended up consisting of a smokey eye using a deep eggplant shade and a rich espresso, along with Keira’s trademark shimmer in the corners of the eyes and on the places where light hits her face.  And of course, I can’t ever resist a full, well-groomed set of eyebrows.
 So, I kind of forgot to mention one particular muse of mine when I posted about celebrity beauty last time.  I’m not exactly sure how that happened, because she actually is the first one that comes to mind when I think of incredible eye makeup.  Honestly.  One of her looks even served as the inspiration for my own wedding makeup!  I don’t know how I managed to forget her.  Perhaps I had hair on the brain more than makeup that day I posted, but frankly, she deserves a post all her own.


Keira Knightley Has Best Smoky Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About